Thứ Bảy, 24 tháng 10, 2015

Before trio ('95; '04; '13)

I'm trying to watch at least a movie per week. 

This Saturday I was enthralled with BEFORE trio, which includes "Before Sunrise" (1995), "Before Sunset" (2004) and "Before midnight" (2013). 


These movies are made in a natural style which is just small talks between two persons falling in love. It is the way the characters communicate that makes me interested in it. They were on the same train, catching each other through right words and then being together for a night in Vienne, having lots of fun in the streets, bars, cafe, park, bench and so on. I like things they talk about, because seemingly that's also things I usually exchange with friends. I like the way they fall in love, but indeed I don't feel like "this is amazing, this is touching" or something like that. I just think: "how come they can love each other through those words?"

Cause the topics they raised up were not so sweet between romantic couples. Cause they just shared information and experiences and wishes and dreams. Cause I didn't see real love in their eyes. "Before sunrise" was not so excellent.

But "Before Sunset" enthralled me the most. I was surprised when they didn't meet up again 6 months after their night in Vienne and instead they bitterly see each other in Paris 9 years later. It was dramatic to me. It was worse because their lives are not as I wished. Lives are so tragic: Jess got married and has a son, Celine is having a boyfriend who doesn't see her often and she likes it because she is independent. I was like "What? what the hell are they talking about?". Yes, Jess replied me later in his words to Celine: "We could have had different lives if we'd met up again in that December 1994". 


Both Jess and Celine look really skinny and have lines on their faces. No one is having a happy life. They're both nervous about their lives. Their talks are more realistic and rational. They argued in the taxi about life... However, they know they still love each other because they still feel the connection like many years ago on the train, in the only night...


Well, "Before Sunset" is also going with slow flow of time. They just walk and talk and argue. Everything was sad to me because after 9 years they seemingly can't be together anymore. Jess has a commitment with his wife and is ready to sacrifice his whole life to be able to see his son around, ready to put up with his wife... Celine is also loving another man. She was just screwed up by the thought she can't marry any man and all the mercy she did for ex boy friends was helping them know that women are worth a respect from men.

So I was sorry for them, for their beautiful love story. It's like "they couldn't get together again, the happy night in Vienne will be forever memory reminding them of the youth with full hope, full dream about life, especially romantic love... Now everything was quite late. They settled down, stressed by things in their lives. Could their love go on? I was probably saying NO, and it was such a pity. I still remember the stupid quote of Celine: "Memories are wonderful things if you don't have to deal with the past". This quote sounds stupid, but it is right in their situation. Celine loves the night in Vienne with Jess, but every time she thinks about that beautiful night, all the broken dreams also come up. She's now perhaps no longer having a hope about love and marriage in mind. 

And I like the apartment of Celine. I just like it so much. Every time I watch a movie, houses and interior designs or decoration would be my concerns. I like Celine's apartment. It was filled with her world: books, CDs, guitar, post cards, kitchen, sofa, balcony and all the other stuff. I just love it. The song she sang for Jess and her things around made me think about my life ahead. "Live they way you want. Do the things you like. You are free, in the end."


It is a good message, huh?

Meaningful soundtrack in the movie

Well, "Before midnight" was not so interesting. I don't like this third part very much. Why? cause they're having quarrels after quarrels and even though after all they get back again together, that's not a good life. I know the idea is that every couple is just the same. They fall in (maybe) mad love,  getting married, having babies, quarrels and so on. But, I don't like that intense. If I were that woman, or Celine, I would not spit such words on the face of her husband, Jess. From my point of view, she is just bad. Well, I don't know how I will be when I gets married, but I will try not to have quarrels with husband. Maybe sometimes arguments are good to calm down the other spouse, but I won't do so...


Well because I just watched it over, I probably just used words or wrote down my feelings in the same way as in the movie.

It's a great time for a weekend watching this trio. Everyone, try it. You'll see yourself there.


Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét